Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Animal Expo 2012

A few months ago the boyfriend, his mother and I headed out to an Animal Expo being held in our city. A childhood favourite, celebrity vet Dr.Harry was going to be there giving advice - I wondered what he would look like. He was a pretty old guy when I loved to watch him as a kid (on Burke's Backyard, Harry's Practice and then Better Homes and Gardens).

 Unfortunately the expo was a bit of a let down, for the others anyway, with mostly cats and dogs.
I however would have been happy to walk around all day and proclaim ever animal the cutest I've ever seen.

If you don't like pictures of adorable animals or you have a slow internet connection, I suggest you stop reading now :)
  Animal Expo



Animal Expo

Animal Expo

Unfortunately for me (and him too I suppose) Shea is allergic to cats and didn't enjoy this section too much - although was enamoured by this cutie. (A Russian Blue looking cute and evil)

   Animal Expo

Animal Expo

Animal Expo

Animal Expo

Animal Expo

Animal Expo

Animal Expo

Tiger cat! The biggest rabbit I've ever seen! Kissing birdies, dog hugs, lovely Greyhounds and a shy sleepy kangaroo


We talked seriously to a guy about adopting one of the retired racing Greyhounds. They were just so sweet and apparently don't need as much exercise as people assume. Since we already have a bird, dog and bunny (with some chickens on the way) we decided against it. It is definitely something I will look into in the future though : )

In the end we didn't stay late enough for Dr.Harry to make his apparence - oh well. I hope I get to meet him one day (probably when I'm 20 years older and he still looks the same)

I hope you're all well

xo Jodie 






1 comment: